Thursday 16 October 2014

Scooby Tutorial

Hey!
It's here!!!!!!!!!!! My very first scooby tutorial! Today I'll be showing you the Chinese Staircase stitch: it's simple and perfect for beginners plus the effect is gorgeous!
The Finished Product!
 Just to say, this is not my original design, I got taught! Let's get started....

You will need:
-2 scoobies
-a pencil (this is not necessary, you can use your fingers, but I find it easier with one!)

Scooby tutorial: Chinese Staircase

1.Fold both scoobies in half around your pencil (or finger). With all "four" strings tie a secure knot, pull the strings, and knot it again. If the strings aren't that even, it's OK, you neaten it up at the end!
2. Create a loop that goes over the other three scoobies and back into the starting loop to create a knot shape.

3. Continue this until lots of that scoobie has been used, but I suggest that there is at least 5cm of scoobie left for a neater effect. Then change color and repeat step 2.

4. Carry on until it is at the desired length and voila! This would look lovely as a keyring, just make sure the loop is long enough! You could do this by adding 2 pencils/pens instead of one.


I hope you liked this post: it took a while to come out!
Libby


No comments:

Post a Comment