Friday 25 July 2014

Rainbow loom tutorial: capped chain

Hey!
Yessssss, it's finally here! A rainbow loom tutorial! I have no idea if you're a rainbow loom pro or if you haven't even heard of rainbow loom before so I've made this stitch one that's simple but cute! I didn't want to start with something like chain because quite a lot of people know how to do that but I  also didn't want to start with something really tricky! The capped chain is simple but a bit fiddly so I'd suggest finding out a little bit about loom bands if you're a total beginner! Before I start I want to point out that this is NOT ORIGINAL AT AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got told how to do this from my friend and so on! So it is TOTALLY NOT ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, let's get started....

Rainbow loom tutorial: capped chain!

You will need:
-loom bands
-A loom (any kind), optional
-A hook, required if using a loom.
NOTE: You can do this on your fingers but it is quite tight so every now and again take it off your fingers and if it ever starts to hurt take it off! When I refer to "pins" I mean the cylinder plastic parts on the rainbow loom and you can use your fingers instead!

Step 1: Put the first band on any pin, twist it once and put it on the next pin, twist it again and put it back upon itself, twist it again and put it on the first pin you used. It should appear as a double
figure-of-eight. This is the only band that should make a figure-of-eight.
Step 2: Add a band over the top of both pins, twist it and put it back upon itself until its on the pin you started with. 
Step 3: With a hook or your fingers, hook the bottom two bands over the top two bands on each side.

Step 4: Repeat steps 2-3 until the bracelet is long enough to fit around your wrist and voila!

Hope you liked the tutorial!
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment